RingCentral Adds Integration With Google for Work Apps
RingCentral, one of the leading email fax providers in the US, UK and Canada, has announced an improved integration of their services with “Google for Work”, a suite of free web-based apps for business, which includes Gmail, Google Drive, Hangouts, Calendar, among others.
The company already offered their Gmail-friendly fax service, but now they are looking to offer a more complete solution for those looking for a Google-integrated virtual office. This has been made possible thanks to the development of the RingCentral for Google extension, which you can download from your web browser using the Chrome Web Store.
This is a nice addition in RingCentral’s service for those of us who send Google fax. A service that has similar Chrome apps is HelloFax, with the difference that it is is focused on just sending faxes. So it seems RingCentral has come up to fill a void in the market, which is kind of interesting since millions of people already use Google tools.
Here’s a video that explains how this new integration works and of course, how you can take advantage of it.
Here are the detailed set of features:
- Make audio or video calls through RingCentral from your Gmail account.
- Send and receive SMS text messages. Combine your RingCentral and Google contacts in one easy-to-search screen.
- Schedule conference call meetings and set up a dial-in conference line, which appears directly within your Google Calendar.
- Click to call any phone number displayed in your contacts, calendar, or email.
- Listen to your voicemails directly within Gmail. Dial in to any Google Hangout and never miss a Hangout again due to location restrictions.
- Transform Hangouts into a hub for up to 1,000 audio participants.
If you love Google faxing like we do, you’ll see that these are great news. We surely would like to see other big fax companies such as eFax and MyFax develop these extensions too. The more options we have, the better!